Signs it's Time to Replace Your Home's Water Heater
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Home’s Water Heater
Water heaters average a 15-year-lifetime, but many wear out well before this time. Although repairmen resolve minor water heater damage, some signs suggest it is time to replace the unit. Learn those signs and call a professional at the first indication of trouble. Water heater damage can destroy your home. Call our local plumber serving Philadelphia when the signs suggest your water heater has seen it’s better days. We offer affordable water heater replacement that caters to the needs of every family in town.
Signs you should give us a call for water heater replacement service include:
– Age of the Unit: If your water heater is nearing or past the 15-year mark, replace the unit now. The water heater is old, outdated, and increases the risk of fire, water damage, or other disasters.
– Repairs: If you call a local plumber serving Philadelphia out to your home two or three (or more) times a year, replace the unit now! Spend that money on a new water heater with plenty of life left instead.
– Low Water Pressure: Constant low water pressure indicates a leak within the piping system or a problem with the water heater. Inspect the water heater for signs of corrosion, holes, or other damage that can lead to low water pressure.
– Water Bill Costs: Notice the water bill getting higher? Is your electric bill following suit? An old water heater starts working inefficiently when components wear out. This often causes increased water and electric bill costs.
– Corrosion: This sign of a damaged water heater is the worst that you can see. A corroded water heater is dangerous. Avoid using this water heater whatsoever and replace it immediately. No, if, and’s, or but’s about it: replace a corroded water heater at once! When water heater corrosion occurs, it indicates the water heater is rusted inside. This cannot be fixed by our local plumber serving Philadelphia, but we can replace the water heater instead!
The signs above suggest a new water heater is the next major purchase you should make before trouble occurs. Other signs also point to the need for a replacement water heater, but those above are most common. Water heaters wear out and last only so many years. Damaged water heaters may leak, cause plumbing damage, ruin the flooring or foundation, or cause other damages. Don’t take that risk and give us a call if the signs suggest it is time to replace that old water heater.
Senior Citizens & Military Discounts
Daily Drain Cleaning Specials
CALL OR SCHEDULE TODAY!(215) 379-8300
IN NEED OF SERVICE?