Sump Pump Repair & Replacement Cheltenham
SUMP PUMP EXPERTS IN BUCKS & MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Best Cheltenham Sump Pump Repair Experts Serving Elkins Park, Willow Grove, Hatboro, Southampton, Northeast Philadelphia & Surrounding
Sump pumps are something most homeowners don’t like to think about. They are usually tucked into the dark corners of basements and seem to mysteriously turn on and off at will. Fortunately for you, we care about your sump pump and want to make sure it’s working properly. We provide the best sump pump repair in Cheltenham and the surrounding areas.
Sump pumps are installed in a sump pit, below the floor level of your basement or crawl space. They turn on automatically when the water level of the sump pit rises too high. The sump pump’s job is to pump the water out of the pit into a pipe that removes it from your home. This is a necessity in areas with heavy runoff from snowmelt or rainfall.
When it is Time for a New Sump Pump
Sump pumps sometimes need small repairs to keep them running, but there are major failures which require replacement. If you need sump pump replacement in Cheltenham, give our experienced plumbers a call. Here are some common signs of trouble with the sump pump:
- The pump runs all the time. This can be a switch issue or it could mean your pump is too small for the job.
- The pump is rusted. This could be due to corroded battery terminals.
- The pump has excessive vibration when it’s running. The impellers may be damaged or bent. This creates stress on the shaft and creates future pump problems.
- Your pump makes rattling or grinding noises when it runs. This may indicate damaged parts or a jammed impeller.
- The pump cycles irregularly. The float or switch may be damaged, causing the pump to come on at odd times.
Also, if your sump pump is older than seven years, it’s probably time to replace it. They work hard and have a fairly short lifespan. Are you still looking for a reliable sump pump repair company in Cheltenham? Give us a call at 215-722-6783 and we’ll send our experts to your home for a free estimate.